POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RFC: Wishlist/features : Re: Wishlist/features Server Time
1 Jun 2024 17:43:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wishlist/features
From: StephenS
Date: 15 Aug 2006 19:16:21
Message: <44e255c5$1@news.povray.org>
> ... I would like to collect some of
> your thoughts and comments around what the biggest pain points
> currently are in Moray...
1) The one you suggested :-)
2) Improved support for large scenes.
Currently I'm using the udo object to help manage smaller scene elements for
inclusion into a larger one. This has the benefit of a nice responsive
computer with the smaller scene elements(complicated object). The slowdown
in workflow comes from the editing of the myfile.udo, myfile.pov into a
myfile.inc and keeping all the names matched correctly and not bumping into
the myfile.inc(materials). I (and others?) would benefit from a File/Save
Object As.../ "UDO/inc", and have Moray take care of this for me. I don't
want to have to keep merging and repositioning the object each time I add
some more detail. I don't need to keep turning on and off different layers
to hide parts of the scene in an effort to keep the screen refresh rate up.
Or maybe I need to use a different approach.
3) I love the feature of seeing a preview of a scene when I 'Merge Object',
except I can only save a preview with a scene if it has a camera in it. When
I merge the scene, I now need to go through and remove the added camera, and
lights. Can I save an object only, but with a preview? (even if it's only
the OpenGL view)

Stephen